Windows 8 syncing with iOS

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
williamsburg

Windows 8 syncing with iOS

Post by williamsburg »

Thank you to all of the volunteers who put together the great Windows app. I have been using my iPhone app for quite some time but am just starting to use the notes features. I can't seem to sync the notes that I add to my scriptures on windows 8 with my scriptures on iOS. Is this even possible? Or am I just doing something wrong?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Windows 8 syncing with iOS

Post by jdlessley »

The mobile device notes must be synced first with the online Notes and Journal on LDS.org before they can be synced with another mobile device. You should check to see if your notes have synced with the online Notes and Journal. If they haven't, then your other mobile device, whether it be a Windows 8 device or an iOS device, will have nothing with which to sync.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Windows 8 syncing with iOS

Post by sbradshaw »

The page on the Windows Store for Gospel Library says you can "ign into your LDS Account to view notes, bookmarks, highlights synched from LDS.org or other devices running Gospel Library. (The ability to add these within the app will come in a future version.)"
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us ... 969358064f

I'm sure the developers are hard at work preparing the next version, but in the meantime, it sounds like notes won't sync from your Windows 8 device yet.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”