Notes Search not returning scripture references

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
PamelaBonta

Notes Search not returning scripture references

Post by PamelaBonta »

When one is in one's Notes area and a search is performed for a scripture, only annotations that have that scripture in the actual note get returned. For example, if you search for Nephi, it only picks up the word Nephi in the note itself, not in the title or scripture reference. Does anyone know if there is a way to work around this? or who to let know so that the search in Notes can be improved?
lmcguire

Re: Notes Search not returning scripture references

Post by lmcguire »

I can confirm through my own testing that it only seems to search text you typed (or pasted) and tags. Highlighted text is not searched.

When you're logged in to lds.org, and in the Notes area, at the bottom of the page, right of the map of the world, is a feedback link. I suspect that's the best place to request an update. (NOTE: This behavior appears to be the same on Android Gospel Library, possibly other versions too, and so I suspect any change would need to be coordinated, as I know they have a goal to keep functionality between lds.org and GL in sync where possible.)

FWIW,

Liz
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

That feedback link sends you to the LDS.org Response Team, and from there, to me! lol I wonder if this is something for the Search people or the Notes people? Any ideas?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

PamelaBonta wrote:That feedback link sends you to the LDS.org Response Team, and from there, to me! lol I wonder if this is something for the Search people or the Notes people? Any ideas?
Probably Notes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”