Can't get Tags to show results

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ludlowdan

Can't get Tags to show results

Post by ludlowdan »

When I click on a Tag link, it won't show the results for that tag. Sometimes it doesn't show anything for a result, and other times it just pulls up some random collection of highlights that have not been tagged with the title I selected.
This issue seems to be happening in all browser types for me.
mevans

Re: Can't get Tags to show results

Post by mevans »

Lately I've seen intermittent results for clicking on tags. Sometimes it's filtering as I expect and other times I don't know what I'm getting. I've found it helps sometimes to refresh/reload the browser page and then I can usually get tag filtering to work again.

I agree that something seems to be wrong with the page.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Do you use a combination of online Notes and GL?
jonlorinelson

Post by jonlorinelson »

I am experiencing the very same issue, and it has been this way for many months. When selecting a given tag, I get random results, never matching the actual tagged items.

When checking the same tags in iPhone gospel library app, the filtering is clean, and so the sync between lds.org notes and gospel library app looks solid. I do use Notes and Gospel Library together.

Something is wrong with the lds.org notes web page. Regardless if I refresh/reload, shutdown/reboot, the result is the same... Random results or no results when selecting a tag to see associated references with that tag.

Does anyone know if this thread is monitored by developers such that this might be addressed, or if there is a way to post this issue for developers to see?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jonlorinelson wrote:Does anyone know if this thread is monitored by developers such that this might be addressed, or if there is a way to post this issue for developers to see?
We have no way to know what, of if, the developers are monitoring until they make a post. Relying on the remote chance a developer involved in a particular program will see a thread is a gamble. The best chance to get an issue to those who can work the issue is to use the LDS.org feedback link. You may not get a response, but it will be routed to the proper people.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

When you click on the tags in online Notes, do you see tags with uppercase letters in them? If so, that may be why - online Notes does not allow uppercase letters yet, but the apps do. So, if you use both versions of the study tool, be sure to use lowercase letters in the apps. If that is not the problem, please give me some more information so I can try to figure out what is going on! :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

PamelaBonta wrote:online Notes does not allow uppercase letters yet, but the apps do.
No uppercase letters? You can't even capitalize a word? How curious.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

lajackson...the 'in the tags' was implied, as in the previous sentence I had said "tags with uppercase letters".
mevans

Post by mevans »

Actually, tags in the online notes used to be case-sensitive. They have since fixed this so that whatever tag you type turns into lower case; however, some of my upper-case tags still exist in the database. For example, if highlight a scripture and start typing to enter a tag, if I type gratitude, the prompts for existing tags that appear will show me both "Gratitude" and "gratitude" as possible existing tags. No matter which I pick, it turns into "gratitude". They've since changed the code to force everything to lower case; however, my tag list seems to have some of these legacy gremlins in it.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

I don't think that the apps automatically change, though. So, this is why some people ended up with Faith and faith as tags. I don't have access to wireless device so if someone could check that this is still the case, it would be appreciated!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”