Heads Up: Notebooks, Tags Unreliable; Use at Your Own Risk

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Heads Up: Notebooks, Tags Unreliable; Use at Your Own Ri

Post by russellhltn »

Are your notes being backed up to your LDS Account? If so, you should be able to see your notes on-line when you visit the lds.org page and log in.

I'm not sure as there is any support for backing up note on the device itself - the sync is the backup.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Heads Up: Notebooks, Tags Unreliable; Use at Your Own Ri

Post by mevans »

jrich1: Based on messages posted in this forum, it's pretty clear that there's an occasional problem with people losing their markings. I don't know if these problems have been resolved on an individual basis by church employees through private messages behind the scenes or not.

You've only made two posts, and your other post didn't have anything to do with this problem. How did you submit your problem the first time, though the feedback link? Or did you email the mobile support people, as you mentioned this occurred on Gospel Library? It's important to understand that this forum is a user-to-user forum and sometimes church employees participate. Even the people who handle the feedback are volunteers, so it's entirely possible that whoever got your question had never heard of the problem previously. You sometimes need to point the feedback volunteers to a thread on the forums here that shows several people have the problem. The volunteers are just trying to help and get a large volume of emails every day.

The forum moderators do have contacts at the church and have sometimes escalated issues directly to church employees. I do not know what guidelines they use to determine when they do this. You could try sending a private message directly to a forum moderator about your problem. Be patient; I don't know how the moderators manage to review as much as they do on a daily basis, but perhaps they don't sleep ;-) They are also volunteers who are also trying to help.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”