Lds.org highlighting not working on ipad

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
layne2403

Lds.org highlighting not working on ipad

Post by layne2403 »

I am using lds.org on Safari on my ipad. I am logged in and the the study mode bar does appear at the bottom of the screen. When I make a selection to highlight and tag it, it will not let me. It only says "copy" with no other options. I know the lds mobile Gospel Library app is available but I really prefer using the website. Please help me figure out how to use study mode for lds.org on my ipad.

This is happening when I try to mark anything new on lds.org. I was trying to highlight Moses 1:33 and only got the copy option. However, if something is already highlighted in my account from using the Gospel library app then it appears highlighted on lds.org and I can click on it and edit it's tag, etc. Weird!
jabarnes

Re: Lds.org highlighting not working on ipad

Post by jabarnes »

I have the same issue. Did you ever figure it out?
scottdean

Post by scottdean »

I have nearly the same issue.. at times, one can highlight and tag parts of the material on the ipad.. but at times one cannot get any other option other than "copy" for text in the same document. An example is in the Priesthood Handbook #2, section 5.1.8 - you only get the copy option.. but in the same book in section 5.1.6 you can highlight the text... why does it not work on some text (seems to be when there are sub-paragraphs or numbered items in the text) and yet works in others?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scottdean wrote:why does it not work on some text (seems to be when there are sub-paragraphs or numbered items in the text) and yet works in others?
From what I understand, in order for the highlight to work and sync, the text has to be formatted to allow it. Not everything available has been re-formatted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
scottdean wrote:why does it not work on some text (seems to be when there are sub-paragraphs or numbered items in the text) and yet works in others?
From what I understand, in order for the highlight to work and sync, the text has to be formatted to allow it. Not everything available has been re-formatted.
See the explanation in this post.
mdchris

Post by mdchris »

This problem continues. Despite highlighting several words or a full scentence, only one word ends up being highlighted. Also the select/copy button is often in the way of the highlighting selection box.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

Recently I haven't been able to highlight anything using study mode on iPad safari and logged into LDS.org. Trying to highlight nttm.lds.org lesssons. I can see highlights made on PC or iOS Mac, but can't make them on iPad. The only pop up options I get are copy, look up, and share...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS.org doesn't support highlighting from mobile browsers, because it would have to override the regular browser selection controls. This is possible in the Gospel Library app, but is difficult (maybe impossible) on a web site because LDS.org doesn't have control over the web browser.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

Oh. Thanks. I thought I could before, but with all the various interfaces, I must have been mistaken. I'll work through the Gospel Library. In class I show the LDS.org interface because I can zoom in on the iPad so kids can read the text. Not so easy in Gospel Library.
barlow0502

Post by barlow0502 »

I am currently changing the color of some of the things that I highlighted before. It used to be easy to remove the old color and select a new one. I don't see how to remove the old highlight now.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”