Moved journal entries to a Notebook and lost original date

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
moodydarrennelson

Moved journal entries to a Notebook and lost original date

Post by moodydarrennelson »

Hi everyone,
I ran into a problem today when I moved all of my 'journal entries' into a notebook called "Journal".

After I moved them all the dates from when I ACTUALLY created the 'journal entries' are gone and now today's date shows.

This is troubling because now I have no idea of the dates that I made my entries. Is there any way to get this back? Is there an original date stamp saved somewhere?

Please advise,

Bro Darren Moody
Cameron.Andersen

Re: Moved journal entries to a Notebook and lost original da

Post by Cameron.Andersen »

Same issue here...
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've noticed that when I modify a highlight that the date changes. I don't use the dates a whole lot, but I kind of wish there was a created date and a modified date and I could filter by either.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

The online Journal does not date stamp entries. It saves them with the last visited date. If the dat is important to your entry, such as if you are using Notes for your personal journal, always be sure to write the date either as part of the title or in the first line of your entry so that you can sort them into chronological order.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”