Add personal cross-references in links

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
eeancrawford

Add personal cross-references in links

Post by eeancrawford »

Is it possible to create links or cross-references from one scripture to another on the LDS.org online version of the scriptures? I can do it in my gospel library app on my iPhone, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, or if it's even possible to do it on the LDS.org online version of the scriptures. Interestingly, my personal cross-references that I created on my iPhone app show up in my Notes and Journal on the LDS.org website. I just can't figure out how to create the links/cross-references when I'm reading the scriptures online and not on my iPhone app.

I submitted the above question to the LDS.org website feedback system. The response I received was to "see the Notes and Journal help pages at: https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/not ... l_help.htm. If you still have questions, please post them on the LDSTech Forum."

I read all of the help pages at the above web address and couldn't find an answer. I also searched the entire "Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures" forum here on LDS Tech without finding an answer either.

I apologize if this answer is obvious and I'm just dense. Thanks for any help!
canadian0507

Re: Add personal cross-references in links

Post by canadian0507 »

As far as I can tell, personal cross-references can only be created from the mobile apps (I have Gospel Library for Android and it's available there, too). I would really like to see this feature on the website lds.org, too!
amespj

Post by amespj »

I prefer to do my studying on my computer at my desk, because the use of keyboard and larger font size is easier, but then I like to have those notes with me on my mobile devices when I'm not at home. Since personal links can't be viewed on all devices it's sort of pointless to create them at all.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

amespj wrote:Since personal links can't be viewed on all devices it's sort of pointless to create them at all.
I think that they can be viewed on all devices, they just can't be added or edited on all devices.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Links can be viewed online when created in the apps, but not yet created online. I was told that the eventual goal is that all of the study tools will have the same capabilities, but since there are so many variable that determine when and if updates are made, it is on ongoing process. Since everything syncs to the LDS Cloud, when a new feature is made available on a device that it was not previously available on, any annotations should also sync with the new device.
kandygardner

Post by kandygardner »

Has a feature for cross-referencing been added to lds tools yet? I love the scripture chains that I have written in my margins and right now it is easier to be in my books flipping back and forth than on lds tools trying to go back and forth. There has got to be an easier way to do scripture chains and cross referencing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kandygardner wrote:Has a feature for cross-referencing been added to lds tools yet?
You will have to ask that question in the appropriate LDS Tools operating system forum. Each operating system that has LDS Tools developed for it is a separate version. The development level and therefore the features available are not at the same level in each version. Each version of LDS Tools has its own forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kandygardner wrote:Has a feature for cross-referencing been added to lds tools yet?
I think you're referring to Gospel Library app. LDS Tools has nothing to do with scriptures.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tbarron97

Post by tbarron97 »

This question has been floating out there for almost three years. Do we still not have the ability to use the study tools on lds.org to create a personal cross reference to another scripture? That seems so basic!
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Nope, no cross links. Only in the mobile apps, not online Notes.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”