Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jaredrhalls

Re: Study Notebooks Suddenly Empty

Post by jaredrhalls »

sarahmayne wrote:I use lds.org in english and spanish. My notebooks and journal content dissapeared a few days ago and now my journal appears in spanish. I thought it had to do with whether or not I logged in from the English lds.org or the spanish lds.org. I was able to access my notes and journal content in english with everything there one time logging in from the english lds.org, but now it doesn't matter where I log in from and my journal has no content and is in Spanish. I don't use android just from my laptop pc.

Mine is doing the same thing...did you ever figure out a fix? Much thanks
mevans

Post by mevans »

Look in your URL. Change the end of it where it says "lang=spa" to "lang=eng" and press enter. Your journal should appear in English and you should see all your entries. Your notes stay with your language.
frazierdavidrex

Post by frazierdavidrex »

Any update on this? This just happen to me
ebyers

Post by ebyers »

Yep, it's happening again. Really? Don't they have a test bed for this? Some virtual server somewhere to practice on? We have how many million members with many thousands putting their notes into the online system - and this is ok? Rather irresponsible frankly. I know there are many unpaid individuals involved with the IT and app projects, and that can no longer be used as an excuse. Does this represent the perspective of the church on how important our study is? This has got to stop. Same with the apps. Notes disappearing, etc. Just not acceptable. Hire someone please.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I know this has happened periodically to people over the years and now it's happened to me. I just logged in to study on the website (not the mobile app) and all my notes are gone. I went to Notes and my notebook is completely empty...and I had a couple thousand notes. I know it was working yesterday, as I had made several notes then.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

Same for me. I logged on to notes from the website today and there is nothing there! I have over 12,000 notes so hopefully they are not gone! Anyone know how to fix this????
mevans

Post by mevans »

Try sending Feedback. Maybe if enough people tell them something's wrong they will investigate. I sent Feedback.
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

I sent feedback also.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ebyers wrote:I know there are many unpaid individuals involved with the IT and app projects, . . . . Does this represent the perspective of the church on how important our study is? This has got to stop. Same with the apps. Notes disappearing, etc. Just not acceptable. Hire someone please.
I think they let the guy that does this go to church on Sundays.

I do not believe what you see represents the perspective of the church on how important our study is. I think it reflects the church priority that many other things are more important, that resources are minimal, and that members are still able to study he scriptures whether or not their study notes are currently available.

That said, they know it is helpful and important, and they are working on it.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Same thing for me this morning, everything gone when I logged in. Was fine yesterday. Feedback sent. Here's to hoping it's a temporary blip, and can be quickly resolved. Still a sickening feeling to login and see it empty.

As I typed this, it looks like they're working on it. Now when I load the site I see placeholders for my notes, just no content in them. Tags appear with counts and I see my notebooks again.

Thanks to those that are working on the issue.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”