We Need Help Testing the Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
speatross-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by speatross-p40 »

Just so everyone is clear here, Tongan is not part of this release therefore you will not see it on the web site. The new languages for this release are Danish, Dutch and Hungarian and we need help testing these languages.

We also need help testing previously shipped languages which include English, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and French however since these languages have already been tested we only need to make sure there are not any obvious problems with these languages ie.. make sure word searches work, options, marking, help, and basic navigation.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

German Copyright Notice

Post by aebrown »

The German copyright notice at the bottom of each page has an English word:

© 2006 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

"by" is not particularly German. Pretty much every German copyright notice I can find has no preposition anyway, so you can just remove the "by":

© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Also, is the year 2006 correct? I'm no expert on copyright law, but perhaps it should be 2006-2008 or 2006,2008 to indicate the dates of the original, as well as the new content. All the languages use 2006 for the copyright date.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Dutch copyright notice

Post by aebrown »

The Dutch copyright notice on the bottom of each page displays © rather than ©. Apparently the ampersand got encoded (only in Dutch), so that the source says © (which gets rendered as © ) rather than © (which gets rendered as ©).
Andrew.J.Auman

Dutch

Post by Andrew.J.Auman »

tomw wrote:Yes, we need more help. Can you pick a language such as Danish, Dutch, or Tongan?

Tom
Sure, I'll get started on Dutch.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Alan_Brown wrote:The German copyright notice at the bottom of each page has an English word:

© 2006 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

"by" is not particularly German. Pretty much every German copyright notice I can find has no preposition anyway, so you can just remove the "by":

© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Also, is the year 2006 correct? I'm no expert on copyright law, but perhaps it should be 2006-2008 or 2006,2008 to indicate the dates of the original, as well as the new content. All the languages use 2006 for the copyright date.
Thanks Alan. I'll let the copyright office weigh in on the date issue. I'll forward the other comments to the developers.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Alan_Brown wrote:The Dutch copyright notice on the bottom of each page displays © rather than ©. Apparently the ampersand got encoded (only in Dutch), so that the source says © (which gets rendered as © ) rather than © (which gets rendered as ©).
Great catch!

Tom
SingerGuy

No Tongan

Post by SingerGuy »

tomw wrote:Yes, we need more help. Can you pick a language such as Danish, Dutch, or Tongan?

Tom
I see Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands and Português, but I do not see Tongan (even when viewing the source HTML).

I don't speak Tongan, but I did the typesetting for the Liahona and the Hymnal in Tongan and am very familiar with looking at it and recognizing structural problems.
aebrown
Community Administrator

No Tongan scriptures in this release

Post by aebrown »

SingerGuy59 wrote:I see Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands and Português, but I do not see Tongan (even when viewing the source HTML).

I don't speak Tongan, but I did the typesetting for the Liahona and the Hymnal in Tongan and am very familiar with looking at it and recognizing structural problems.
Stewart Peatross, QA Manager for this project, clarified in this post that Tongan is not part of this particular release of the scriptures. Tom must have temporarily forgotten that.

So feel free to pick another language; I doubt anyone is going to know Hungarian, but as Tom explained in the opening post of this thread, you can test without being familiar with a language.
speatross-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by speatross-p40 »

SingerGuy59 wrote:I see Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands and Português, but I do not see Tongan (even when viewing the source HTML).

There is no Tongan with this release of the scriptures, sorry about the confusion here. The new languages for this release of the scriptures are Danish (Dansk) Dutch (Nederlands) and Hungarian (Magyar).

Thanks for your help!
speatross-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Time line to completeour testing

Post by speatross-p40 »

I just wanted to let everyone know that we do have a time line for our testing. We would like to finish testing the following languages Danish, Dutch and Hungarian by Wednesday June 11th.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”