Over the next year we will be publishing the scriptures on the Internet in about 30 different languages with more languages coming online electronically as we have them available. A key step this plan is to involve the community in helping us test the electronic scriptures before we post them on the main scriptures web site. So we need everyone's help who is willing to donate some time to do some testing.
Currently the Online Scriptures found at http://scriptures.lds.org
is available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, and Portuguese. In this new version we will be adding the following languages.
- Danish (Dansk)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
Here is what we need you to do.
- Tell all your friends to help! Spread the word that we need help testing. Pass this email to those who have time to run through tests for us.
- I've attached a comprehensive test plan to this post. Download and print it out and use it as a guide to your testing. Make sure to complete ALL of the tests listed in this document.
- We need ALL languages tested, not just the new languages. The reason is that when we bring on new languages, we sometimes have to change code to support the new language and this could change how old languages behave.
- We DO NOT need you to check the translations of the actual scriptures. If you do not speak Hungarian or Tongan, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE. We are looking for broken links, broken functionality, missing translations in navigation and help, etc. If you do see something obvious wrong in the Scriptures text let us know but we have done a very exhaustive review of the "actual text" to ensure it is complete and accurate. We need your help in looking to see if, for example, we still have "English" in the navigation or help system of another language.
- DO NOT post "atta-boys" or other miscellaneous comments to this thread. Only post questions, results or problems with what you find. This makes it easier for us to look for results and find issues. We want you to post not only problems. If you were successful in a particular language, post that you ran all of the tests for language "ABC" and found no problems.
- Because we have currently 10 languages we need tested, please post which language you are working on. Before you select a language, review this thread and try to pick a language someone else is not working with. Of course if you are familiar with a particular language, test it. We eventually need ALL languages tested (including English).
We are so grateful for a community that is so active and involved with the Lord's work. Thank you for your time and commitment to this process. Please share this link with anyone that can help out. The more people we involve, the quicker the testing will go and the more accurate the product will be.
Thanks for all your work and service!
Technology Community Manager
Online Scriptures Program Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints