Notebook entries no longer assigned to specific notebooks

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
lagosta

Notebook entries no longer assigned to specific notebooks

Post by lagosta »

Over the years I have created several different notebooks for various topics or purposes. When I logged in today through a desktop browser, I noticed that all of them are now empty, and all their contents have been moved to "Unsassigned." See attached screenshot. I can, however, still assign new items to a notebook. But all my previous categorization is now gone. Any suggestions or help?

As an aside, I recently upgraded to Gospel Library 2.3.1.3 on Android, which now syncs the notebook. I did note, however, that the mobile app does not know anything about the existence of multiple notebooks. Maybe this is related?
Empty Notebooks.jpg
Empty Notebooks.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
howie021

Re: Notebook entries no longer assigned to specific notebook

Post by howie021 »

I too just discovered when I logged in via my desktop browser all of my notebooks I created are empty and everything is moved to "Unassigned Items". I hope there is a fix to this. It will take some time to reassign everything. :(
lagosta

Post by lagosta »

The adventure continues..... :)

This last weekend I decided to begin re-assigning some of my uncategorized annotations back into specific notebooks, hoping that my previous experience with losing all my notebooks was a fluke. I categorized a handful of them just to get a feel for how time consuming it would be. That seemed to hold over most of the week. Unfortunately, the problem is no fluke. Everything is uncategorized again this morning.

Coincident events: Yesterday my Gospel Library for Android app was automatically updated, and at launch of the new version there was a message to the effect of "Updating the database..." I wonder if the Android app and the web notebook are not playing nicely together. The sync of tags between the two is a relatively new feature, and I wonder if the sync between devices is trouncing the notebook assignment.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Thanks for the heads up. We are looking into it.
mjone88

Post by mjone88 »

This has been confirmed to be a problem with the Gospel Library for Android app. I've coded a fix that will be released as soon as it can be adequately tested. Thanks for reporting the issue.
mjone88

Post by mjone88 »

This issue should be resolved as of the latest Gospel Library Android release (v2.1.4.9 on Jan 29 2013).
lagosta

Post by lagosta »

Ok. I'll do some testing and report back with any further issues.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”