notes and journal

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
juliociccio

notes and journal

Post by juliociccio »

hi
i don't know if this is the right place but,

i'm trying to use the notes toolbar, but it doesn't work in italian, in english it appears but in italian i can't use it i hope someone can fix it

hahah i feel stupid but i don't know where to ask:)
dalobo

Post by dalobo »

In my case when I use the scriptures in Spanish, the toolbar is hidden and if I change it to English language chapter, is displayed again.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dalobo wrote:In my case when I use the scriptures in Spanish, the toolbar is hidden and if I change it to English language chapter, is displayed again.
[Moderator Note: I moved this post from the thread Footnote contents don't always display to an existing thread on the same topic.]

The study toolbar is only implemented in English at this point. So whenever you are viewing gospel content in English and switch to a different language, the toolbar will disappear.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dvdwalker

Post by dvdwalker »

aebrown wrote:
The study toolbar is only implemented in English at this point. So whenever you are viewing gospel content in English and switch to a different language, the toolbar will disappear.

Hi,

Is there a project on LDS Tech working on expanding the study toolbar to other languages??. I'm a web designer / programmer and would love to volunteer to help getting this great tool in Spanish.

I've using it since was in beta but would like to have it on my native language

Regards

David Walker
Talonhicken

Re: notes and journal

Post by Talonhicken »

I too am very willing to help with whatever I can to get the toolbar up and running in spanish. It would help us greatly in the mission field.

Elder Hicken
Misión Lima Perú Central
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

You may be able to find the sort of thing you want to help volunteer with on the Projects page, found here: https://tech.lds.org/projects
Leynadh

Post by Leynadh »

Ok i have the same problem, and the year is now 2015 !! This thread was started in 2012 !
Does anyone know is there any progress in making study toolbar and "notebook" avaialbe online in other languages than english?

I´m from Sweden, and Bookmarks and notes and highlights i do in the gospel library app won´t synch to lds.org if i do it in Swedish. Only if i switch to english in the app. And then also to english on lds.org (on my computer) I hope you understand what i mean.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

I am told that notes is due for an upgrade. I don't have a timeline.

Another way to make your desire to help with a Notes upgrade is to submit feedback at the bottom of any LDS.org webpage. Label it My Study Notebook and Suggestion, and give your contact information.
mevans

Post by mevans »

PamelaBonta wrote:I am told that notes is due for an upgrade. I don't have a timeline.
That's encouraging news!

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”