Easier access to "Hide footnote indicators"

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
speatross-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by speatross-p40 »

LDS1dotOrg wrote:[Alan_Brown: I moved this post from the We Need Help Testing the Scriptures thread, which pertains only to testing foreign language versions of the scriptures.]

I didn't read all the posts in this thread so this suggestion may already be old.

It would be real nice to be able to copy and paste verses from the online scriptures without then having to change all the bolded words and delete the footnote/cross reference indicators.

Will there be a selection that addresses that in the update, or is there already one in the existing version that I haven't yet lucked into?

Thanks.
Right now we are focusing on introducing new languages and not new features. Something like this would be nice and I will be sure to pass your suggestion along to our development team.

Thanks
Stewart
Marcel Demas-p40

Post by Marcel Demas-p40 »

speatross wrote:Right now we are focusing on introducing new languages and not new features. Something like this would be nice and I will be sure to pass your suggestion along to our development team.

Thanks
Stewart

Yesterday I kind of accidentally found a way to copy and paste without all the extra stuff, maybe most other people already know about it, but just in case:

Highlight what you want to print from the scriptures.
Click print.
Check (uncheck? don't remember) the two boxes.
Copy.

I need to try it another time or two but I think that works. If so, maybe make that method more obvious in the beta?
Every member online a Cyber Missionary!
joevans3

Chrome

Post by joevans3 »

Great post.
I am trying to get the javascript to work with Chrome, I assume I can make a bookmark button for it, although I will need to figure out how. As in Mozilla, as posted earlier, that would mean that anyone with the button could have the option of clearing out footnote letters without using any submenus.

But I can already tell it works: if you just paste the javascript into the browser's URL window, it cleans up the letters as well. Very cool.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”