LDS.org scriptures "Themes"

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

LDS.org scriptures "Themes"

Post by sbradshaw »

Today I came upon a new feature on the LDS.org scriptures site that was completely unexpected – you can switch between white, black, or sepia background when reading. I don't expect to use this feature much myself, but I think a lot of people will be excited about it!
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne?lang=eng

It looks like the feature could use some polishing – I'm almost wondering if it was pushed to the production version of LDS.org by accident instead of the beta version (the way it's set up seems like a work in progress).
Attachments
screenshot_212.png
(366.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmcguire

Re: LDS.org scriptures "Themes"

Post by lmcguire »

Apparently it's not available for everyone, or not in every browser - those options are not there for me in Firefox.

(Personally, I'd be happy if they'd just go back to a sans serif font - that font they're using is impossible for me to read, and I have to use the Firefox Stylish plug-in to force it to something I can, but that breaks other things, so I have to toggle it on and off when I enter / leave the scriptures. (That's easier in Stylish than using native Firefox functions.) And everyone knows sans serif is easier to read on screen - and serif on paper. I don't care how much they want to brand it when their branding is unreadable to old eyes.)
mevans

Re: LDS.org scriptures "Themes"

Post by mevans »

Yes, I've noticed that option appear, but only sometimes. Today it's not there.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”