Volunteer Translation Opportunity

Seen something newsworthy about the technology that the Church uses? Let everyone else know by posting here.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Cool... here are my translations: http://www.youtube.com/user/LDSML
You are welcome to use them.
I have some FAIR and some others too and a couple of my own. I may have some spelling mistakes, punctuation, bigletters,... but not many. Translations are not always word for word, but to make the point understod in Finnish/Norwegean and written with as few words as possible. In the speaches I have used the official translation so those are ok for sure. (My first one by Elder Holland is done by ear... so it is not the same as the official one)
If I have not always had a text to translate from, I may have heard wrong something or left out something, that I cant make out what it is. The main purpose should be (read is) there.
There may be some tecknical things, that I dont know of that could have made the translation better ... Sometimes I could have spoken on them... IF I knew how to take the talking away ... and not the music... I could use a smal traning for this and I can come over there for it, if needed. I been planning a visit to USA for a few years now... and this time to see the SL area maybe mormontrail... FAIR conferance would be great to be with... so maybe next August I come over. (Or the Mormon Book Conferance.... cant decide). I just hate the inquiry at the customs, makes you feel like a criminal.
ML
jdfoote
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdfoote »

Thanks very much. I will pass on your translations.

I think it's so great that there are members of the Church making translations available in their language. I want to be clear that we are still in the very early stages of this project, and while I certainly hope that we are in a position where we could provide training for you (and others) next year, we still have a long way to go before we are at that point.

I will certainly keep you updated as things progress. Thanks again!
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

You are well come! I just love to do this... but I know I have my problems. I am so happy to be able to do something that will help tio forward the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Thanks for keeping me in mind!
jdfoote
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdfoote »

Sounds great! I'll keep you updated.

Return to “In The News”