LDSToolbar.com

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

marine wrote:I personally think it is wrong to make money off an lds toolbar being promoted by a subdomain of lds.org.
How is he making money? You can't know for certain.
marine-p40

Post by marine-p40 »

mkmurray wrote:How is he making money? You can't know for certain.
The privacy policy on this page http://www.ldstoolbar.com/privacy is being violated in multiple ways. At one point the statement is made that there is advertising

"Our business model is based on displaying sponsored links on search results pages (advertisers pay per click, not per appearance)."

I would prefer an open source and community supported solution.
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

Ok this is going to be my last post.

When I had the idea for the toolbar over 1 year ago I wanted to use some software to create it. Soon I found out that the toolbars created with that software were classified as spyware because of the possibility to add certain things to it. So I left it.

Then I found conduit. I have a good personal contact with one of the developers that have done some personalization for me. I trust them now and I will in the future. If you don't then that's fine don't install the toolbar.

Yes there is some advertisement. The google search is nothing else but a custom search engine from google. Part of the money gets passed on to me (a very small part). However I did not do this to gain money. I did it to have a toolbar and promote the good LDS sites and conduit seemed the easiest way to do this. I have a family and a fulltime job and don't have the time spend hours and hours to develop a toolbar from scratch.

If you look properly this place is there to let people know about LDS Links and Resources. I don't think that 2 or 3 posts count as promoting.

So I wont post anymore coments on this thread. Enjoy discussing this further ( or not ).
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Awareness of this toolbar tool has been established. Like any solution written by the community or by companies, the Church in no way endorses the use of this toolbar. I'm going to lock this thread now. Should anyone have any personal questions or comments, please direct them to me.

Tom

Return to “Links & Resources”