Food Storage

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
JPratt-p40

Download Link

Post by JPratt-p40 »

tdamcbigity-p40

Post by tdamcbigity-p40 »

Is there a MacOS food calculator out there?
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

jackel44 wrote:I could never find a food storage calculator that kept track of your inventory and how much you needed.

I wrote a simple Excel Spread sheet. Their is not limitations you can change it how you feel.

My goal is for everyone to have their food storage.

You can download it here

I am not a writer ,but I even wrote instructions

I would apprecate any feed back
That website is no longer there. Is the other download link to the same program?
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

avskip wrote:That website is no longer there. Is the other download link to the same program?
Yes, JPratt was kind enough to post an alternate link to the same calculator (I had reviewed the original link, and this new link is to the same content).
jhubble-p40

Post by jhubble-p40 »

tdamcbigity wrote:Is there a MacOS food calculator out there?
I wrote a simple web-based food storage calculator that I run on my mac. It uses apache/php/mysql and could theoretically be run on other platforms also (though I have only run it on a MAC.)
I'm hoping to get it cleaned up to a distributable format soon.

We actually have a MacBook sitting in our kitchen and us it to track long and short term foodstorage. (From 'we are out of canned green chiles' to 'we have 5-person years of wheat stored.'

I also found a nifty barcode scanners that can use the laptop video camera to scan barcodes. I had thought this would make it even easier to track food storage. (Just scan the barcode of things as you use them and have them marked off.) However, it was not very accurate. And you would still have the trouble of marking where they were removed.
JPratt-p40

Mac OS option

Post by JPratt-p40 »

tdamcbigity wrote:Is there a MacOS food calculator out there?
You can use .xls (Excel) spreadsheets on a Mac by using either http://docs.google.com (online use) or www.openoffice.org (desktop use).

Also, here is an online calculator for all operating systems at providentliving.org

The page for Matt's calculator is http://buildzion.com/index.php/Food-Sto ... lator.html
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

jackel44 wrote:I could never find a food storage calculator that kept track of your inventory and how much you needed.

I wrote a simple Excel Spread sheet. Their is not limitations you can change it how you feel.

My goal is for everyone to have their food storage.

You can download it here

I am not a writer ,but I even wrote instructions

I would apprecate any feed back
link is not valid , please correct the link, Thanks, geoff
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ggentry@surry.net wrote:link is not valid , please correct the link, Thanks, geoff

Thanks for pointing this out. However, in a forum, it's common practice not to go back to edit old posts, but rather in the thread to post a correction. If you read this entire thread, you can see that this has indeed happened; there are a couple of posts that give new locations for downloading the file (including the post that immediately precedes yours).
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

Thanks, and sorry.

g gentry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since two people seem to have tripped over that, I added a note to the first post directing them to the second.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Links & Resources”