MyHomeTeachingApp.com

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
daxcastro

Re: MyHomeTeachingApp.com

Post by daxcastro »

@sbradshaw thanks so much for the encouragement. I have spent over a year putting it all together. You have motivated me to keep going. Thanks! Ps. Added a features list to the site too. Thanks for all the info everyone.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
michaelfish wrote:Can you (or anyone else) provide more information about this? I could not find any information about a HT/VT utility coming to lds.org, other than something mentioned at the LDS Tech Conference last October.
MLS Message dated July 18, 2014.
Further update on this, in this link to RKAT https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Biggles wrote:Further update on this, in this link to RKAT https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... s?lang=eng
I don't see anything there about HT/VT, which is the subject of this discussion. HT/VT on LCR is off in the future; the link you provided was only for LCR 2.6 and 2.7, which expands LCR access to auxiliary and quorum leaders, but says nothing about HT/VT.

And note that those release notes are dated August 27, which is almost 3 weeks from now -- they describe updates which are not yet available in production.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Sorry, profuse apologies!

You're quite correct about the content of the link. In my enthusiasm I got carried away with the prospect that in a future update(late fall), HT/VT access will eventually be available to the relevant auxiliaries/quorums, who should be getting access to LCR at the end of this month!
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

...I suppose I may have read more into aebrowns comment than what was actually there.
the Church just recently announced to clerks and leaders that features for administering home teaching will be coming on LDS.org by the end of the year
As a Return and Report user, I was hoping the announcement of the new release included some of the functionality and features similar to R&R such as electronic reminders and reporting to companionships via MLS or LCR/lds.org.

I am concluding that release mentioned will only be more convenient access to MLS and HT/VT reporting through LCR, and that this time, R&R features (automatic messaging, reporting, etc.) are only available through 3rd party applications.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

michaelfish wrote:I am concluding that release mentioned will only be more convenient access to MLS and HT/VT reporting through LCR, and that this time, R&R features (automatic messaging, reporting, etc.) are only available through 3rd party applications.
I don't see how you can conclude much of anything from a statement that says only that the ability to "administer home and visiting teaching" will be included. I don't think it's safe to assume that any particular feature will be included, and I don't think it's safe to assume that any particular feature will be not included. We'll just have to wait and see.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The LDS Tools for iOS project mailing list has a bit of info about home teaching services in LDS Tools (and therefore for Leader and Clerk Resources):
Justin Krebs (LDS Tools Project Manager), June 20, 2014 wrote:We plan to add all of these items in a future release in the coming months including home and visiting teaching reports for quorum and auxiliary presidencies, stay tuned!
Justin Krebs (LDS Tools Project Manager), June 23, 2014 wrote:We are planning to add home and visiting teaching data and reports to LDS Tools later this year for stake presidencies, bishoprics, clerks and ward council members along with their presidencies. We are not currently planning on adding the ability for members to see their home or visiting teachers or who they home or visit teach. That may be something that we will add in the future based on priesthood council direction.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tafollam

Post by tafollam »

When does it start???????
stevereed

Post by stevereed »

Will you be able to report home/visiting teaching visits through your LDS account? That feature alone would be enormously helpful and appreciated!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

stevereed wrote:Will you be able to report home/visiting teaching visits through your LDS account?
We do not know the scope of the HT/VT management capabilities that will come in the updated release of Leader and Clerk Resources. Since that site and the applications made available through that site are intended for leaders and clerks and not the general membership I doubt that members will be able to report their HT/VT online. The HT/VT management release later this year will be more along the lines of what is currently available in MLS. Members currently report HT/VT results to a designated leader who then inputs the results into MLS. That part most likely will not change in this HT/VT management capability online at Leader and Clerk Resources.

LDS Account would not be used for this purpose because it is a security application. When an online HT/VT reporting capablilty is released it is very likely that a member will have to sign in to the site or application using their LDS Account credentials.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Links & Resources”