LDS.org tools training presentation

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

LDS.org tools training presentation

Post by sbradshaw »

Last Sunday we did a presentation in my ward on the basics of the LDS.org tools – we called it "Bring Your Computer to Church Day." Attached are the slides we used, which may be useful to others who would like to do similar trainings. Our focus was LDS Account, LDS.org Calendar, and LDS.org Directory. We also showed some of the other tools briefly. Because I'm in a relatively tech-savvy YSA ward, we spent more time on the "these are some cool things you can do if you set up your account" – to get people actually motivated to use the tools – instead of the "this is how to do things."
Attachments
Bring Your Computer to Church Day.pdf
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 1029 times
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDS.org tools training presentation

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Last Sunday we did a presentation in my ward on the basics of the LDS.org tools – we called it "Bring Your Computer to Church Day." Attached are the slides we used, which may be useful to others who would like to do similar trainings.
That is a very nice presentation. Thank you for sharing.

I especially like the slide with setting up an LDSAccount on the left and recovering your LDSAccount on the right. Someone did some very forward thinking in preparing that one. [grin]
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Indeed :)
Many of our ward members are returned missionaries who used their LDS Account for checking their email on preparation days but never used their LDS Account since...
BakerMJ

Post by BakerMJ »

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and slides.
It helps to have a starting point.
Matt Baker
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Thanks. I'm preparing a stake training currently that will be organized a little differently (with break-out sessions). I'll follow up here on how that goes.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Would it be possible to post a link to the "57 cool things to do with an LDS Account?"
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

zaneclark wrote:Would it be possible to post a link to the "57 cool things to do with an LDS Account?"
Here you go:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=17158

Return to “Links & Resources”