Share the wealth! (of knowledge)

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

JasonG wrote:Cool!

Thanks, BHofmann!
Anytime. I'd be happy to answer any questions you would have as you familiarize yourself with Java. You can send me a private message since general Java questions don't really fit into the purpose of this forum.
HansenBK

Java

Post by HansenBK »

For the record, C# is more like Java than Java is like C#. :) I have often recommended to people that they go the the Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) certification. Even though I am not a huge fan of certifications, I think that it does provide a very solid foundation and you won't then be plagued by syntax and semantics of the language.

Also just an FYI, JSE and JEE are completely different beasts. I don't really care for desktop development in Java and would tell you to look at a different language for it. I really like doing web app development in Java and think it is more along the lines of Java's strengths.

B.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

bh5k wrote:I don't really care for desktop development in Java and would tell you to look at a different language for it. I really like doing web app development in Java and think it is more along the lines of Java's strengths.
If you want your client application to run on all platforms without a lot of work maintaining different code bases, Java is still my preferred choice. But overall I would agree with this statement.

Tom
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

bh5k wrote:For the record, C# is more like Java than Java is like C#. :)
Yes, your statement is more correct than mine. Boy, I really like C# though. It's too bad you guys don't have all the cool new Microsoft technologies and environments at the Church.

Return to “Links & Resources”