App's for Duty to God progress tracking?

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
ldsbartman

Re: App's for Duty to God progress tracking?

Post by ldsbartman »

For those looking to track Duty to God in Scoutbook.com, the app only tracks completion of the Deacon, Teacher and Priest portions of the DTG, not the individual goals themselves. We are using a google doc spreadsheet to track the goals as a tool to help the leaders encourage and facilitate the YM to achieve their goals.

Dan B
darrelvanjohnson

Post by darrelvanjohnson »

In Handbook 2 one of the responsibilities that the Young Mens Secretary may be given is:
"He may be assigned to record the progress of individual young men as they participate in the Duty to God program."
I have been given that responsibility and I am struggling to find a way to carry it out.
Since this is an LDSTech forum, is there a "tech" method to help with this?
Please, if anyone has a better method than what has been suggested, (google docs, Scoutbook.com), please post.
Thank you,
davidecollier

Post by davidecollier »

There is an app called etrailto eagle that we use for scouting. It is not free but does have a Duty to God module. https://www.etrailtoeagle.com/
fordsathome7

Post by fordsathome7 »

etrailtoeagle.org offers free tracking for the LDS D2G. It is the current manual.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

fordsathome7 wrote:etrailtoeagle.org offers free tracking for the LDS D2G. It is the current manual.
I think you meant https://www.etrailtoeagle.com.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrisfreeman69

Post by chrisfreeman69 »

I have been out of the Young Mens for about 5 years but just got back in. I used to be able to see what my boys were working on in DTG on the LDS.org section of Duty to god. I cant do it now. I dont see it anywhere. We use Etrailtoeagle so i can track it there, but anyone know what happened to the online stuff from lds.org? Or am i crazy that i remember it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chrisfreeman69 wrote:Ibut anyone know what happened to the online stuff from lds.org? Or am i crazy that i remember it?
On line tracking has long been requested. I don't remember that it ever existed.

Maybe it was something your ward set up?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Another forum user has posted information about a new app this user has developed here:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29640

This app is not Church sponsored or endorsed, as far as I am aware. Please direct any future discussion specific to this app to the above thread/topic.

Return to “Links & Resources”