Where are downloads stored?

Discussions related to the LDS Media Library app (all platforms)
mcq1

Where are downloads stored?

Postby mcq1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:26 am

I have downloaded several videos to my android tablet using the LDS Media Library App. I cannot locate where they are stored and I am concerned that they are being saved to internal storage and not my external SD card. Is there a way to make sure that the media is saved to the external SD card? Where are the files stored? Can the downloaded files be viewed by other players?

sbradshaw

Re: Where are downloads stored?

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

If you have Android 6, you can go to Android settings and move the app with all of its data to an SD card. Downloaded media is stored as app data – they aren't visible outside of the app. However, there are plans to add the ability to export images, audio, or video files to a user-specified location (for example, if you want to export an image so it can be used as your phone wallpaper, or if you want to download media for use in another app).
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mcq1

Postby mcq1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:34 am

Could you give instructions on how to find what version of Android. Also details of how to move. Thanks

mcq1

Postby mcq1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:43 am

I have version 5. I will need to know if I can put 6 on my tablet.mcq

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:19 am

mcq1 wrote:I have version 5. I will need to know if I can put 6 on my tablet.

That's a question you'll have to direct toward a forum that supports your brand of tablet.

If there was a update for your tablet, I'd expect that you'd see a pending system update. But many tablets sold will never see a update.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mcq1

Postby mcq1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:29 am

My tablet is and Ellipses 8. It was updated November to 5.1. There is a youtube video showing how to install 6.01 but it is a hack and makes me nervous. I hope the the Apps engineers put in the storage location option soon. My wife's tablet has 6.01 and I was able to have LDS Media Library on the external sd card.
mcq

Return to “LDS Media Library”