Downloading?

Discussions related to the LDS Media Library app (all platforms)
zaneclark

Downloading?

Postby zaneclark » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:17 pm

I love this new app but I cannot figure out how to download media, particularly videos, for viewing offline. I did find some general instructions, but that didn't help. Could someone who has figured it out post a detailed description of how to do this? I am using an iPad and iPhone.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Downloading?

Postby aebrown » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:48 am

zaneclark wrote:I love this new app but I cannot figure out how to download media, particularly videos, for viewing offline. I did find some general instructions, but that didn't help. Could someone who has figured it out post a detailed description of how to do this? I am using an iPad and iPhone.

I have an Android device, so I can't give you exact steps, but I'm confident this is true on both platforms: the key to downloading is to add an item to a playlist. This is not an obvious connection (at least to me) -- I expected to see a Download link on the context menu for individual media items. But when I added a video to a playlist, I could see that the download process started. When the download was complete, I not only had that item in the playlist I specified, but it also was visible in the Downloads portion of "My Library" -- and I could also play that video when in Airplane Mode, so clearly it had been successfully downloaded to my device.

Return to “LDS Media Library”