Household Tax Statements

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
goldmaker

Household Tax Statements

Post by goldmaker »

Is there a way that I can print all the Tax Statements for my household? So, far I have only been able to print mine. I can get everyone else to do the same, but it's more convenient to have it all in one place. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Household Tax Statements

Post by russellhltn »

No. At best, with all the right checkboxes set, a husband and wife can have both on one statement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Alternately, your ward/branch clerk can print them all and provide them to you, even if you have selected to print them yourself. It only takes a few minutes for him to tick the boxes for all your family members and then generate the reports for each member if your family and print them at one time. If you want to keep them digital, you could provide a thumb-drive and he could save the file to it instead of printing it (at least I would if requested).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Alternately, your ward/branch clerk can print them all and provide them to you,
Possible, but depending on the age of the children, that might not be advisable. That could be a violation of privacy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Alternately, your ward/branch clerk can print them all and provide them to you,
Possible, but depending on the age of the children, that might not be advisable. That could be a violation of privacy.
Adult children, possibly. Our ward has children barely out of nursery paying tithing in some cases, it would be safer to provide their tithing statement to their parents than to give it to them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Our ward has children barely out of nursery paying tithing in some cases, it would be safer to provide their tithing statement to their parents than to give it to them.
I'd think it would be rare that the child would be filing tax returns. If the statement is part of the learning process, I'd think it would be more beneficial if they received it directly rather then though their parents.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

While our children were minors, the clerk would give me all of the statements and I would give them to the children. They did not need to file income tax returns, and we felt that the most important event was tithing settlement itself with the bishop.

The clerk would also give me my wife's statement, because he knew I did the finances and, more importantly, he knew we were happily married. That would have been a show stopper for some of the other couples in the ward. It pays to know the members.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lajackson wrote:While our children were minors, the clerk would give me all of the statements and I would give them to the children. They did not need to file income tax returns, and we felt that the most important event was tithing settlement itself with the bishop.

The clerk would also give me my wife's statement, because he knew I did the finances and, more importantly, he knew we were happily married. That would have been a show stopper for some of the other couples in the ward. It pays to know the members.
Agreed. As I attend bishopric meeting and confer directly with the bishop about tithing settlement, I am usually aware of potential sticky situations. If the clerk knows in advance, it is easy to be discreet in handing out the tithing tax statements to avoid problems.
iamthelizardking

Post by iamthelizardking »

russellhltn wrote:No. At best, with all the right checkboxes set, a husband and wife can have both on one statement.
What if the spouse does not have, nor ever will have, an lds.org account?

Thanks,
Ken Martin
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

iamthelizardking wrote:What if the spouse does not have, nor ever will have, an lds.org account?
Then the only place you can get a statement will be from the ward (assuming they've donated to the ward).

Return to “Online Donations”