Donation issue/delay for unknown reason

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
phganiere

Donation issue/delay for unknown reason

Post by phganiere »

Hey I submitted a donation on Jan 21st and it hasn’t been taken from my bank. even with the holiday it should’ve been taken from my bank already. It isn’t even on my donation history but I don’t want to submit another donation if it’s going to be taken from my bank. Normally it takes 3 days when I do it on a weekend but I’ve been waiting for over 6 days and I’d like to know if I need to just sumbit another one or if it’s actually going to be taken from my bank.

Thanks
Patrick Ganiere
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Donation issue/delay for unknown reason

Post by rmrichesjr »

Did you receive email notification with a subject line of 'Donation Submitted' or 'Donation Recorded'? Usually, I receive the former message on the day I submit the donation and the latter a couple of days later. If you did not receive either of those email messages, check the donation settings page to make sure your email address is correct and that your notification preferences are checked for all message types you want to receive. If there was a problem processing the donation, the notification of the problem might have been lost.

With the item not showing on your donation history, it's _probable_ that the donation in question fell through some crack and will never be processed. However, I cannot guarantee that. I would suggest a few options to increase confidence in knowing what happened:
  • 1) Ask your ward clerk or ward financial clerk if they see anything about the donation;

2) Use the 'Feedback' link on the donation history page to ask about the donation;

3) Ask your ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center to ask them for help confirming what happened.

Return to “Online Donations”