Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
gsemones

Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Post by gsemones »

Hi,

A member of our ward uses the online donation app. They recently noticed that they paid $200 into tithing that should have gone into fast offering. Is there a process to correct this? Is it even possible?

Much thanks,

Guerry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mistakenly paid tithing instead of fast offering

Post by russellhltn »

From the Donation FAQ page:
Q11. When I reviewed my previous donations, I noticed I made a mistake and put my donation in the Fast Offerings category instead of in Tithing, where I wanted it. Can I change a completed donation?

A11. No, completed donations cannot be edited. However, you can print a copy of your completed donation, take it to your ward or branch financial clerk, and ask him to correct the donation category for you on the ward or branch computer.
Note: This only works if they have a MRN connected with their account. You'll know if that's the case if they're able to use LDS Tools, or the Directory or Calendar page on lds.org.

I presume the clerk does it by editing the donation in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gsemones

Post by gsemones »

Excellent, that's what I needed. I was under the impression the online donations could not be adjusted through MLS.

Thanks,

Guerry
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The donation can be edited using LCR. I'm not sure if it can be edited using MLS.
klricks

Post by klricks »

gsemones wrote:Hi,

A member of our ward uses the online donation app. They recently noticed that they paid $200 into tithing that should have gone into fast offering. Is there a process to correct this? Is it even possible?

Much thanks,

Guerry
I am surprised the member didn't just apply the donation to future earnings.... I would have suggested that as an option...
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Online Donations”