Supporting missionaries from other countries

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
rpapo

Supporting missionaries from other countries

Post by rpapo »

One of my nieces, a member of the Ilo Peru Stake, will be entering the MTC in Lima, Peru in early June, 2018 (about four weeks from now). We will be helping to pay some of her mission costs. We live in the USA. I went to check if the online donation system could handle this scenario, and was told that the ward unit number was either invalid or out of the country (the latter, of course). I would prefer to send the money through the Church's accounting systems, if possible. My alternative (it seems) is to wire money down to one of her less active (and less trustworthy) relatives for them to give it to the bishop of the ward down there.

Is there currently a solution for this within lds.org?

FYI, the stake and ward in question are: Estaca Ilo Peru (523631), Barrio Liberación (248142).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Supporting missionaries from other countries

Post by russellhltn »

rpapo wrote:Is there currently a solution for this within lds.org?
None that we're aware of. You may want to send it to the bishop's home address instead. Don't send it to the meetinghouse as (at least in the US) the meetinghouses don't take mail deliveries.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Supporting missionaries from other countries

Post by scgallafent »

Have you asked your ward clerk to contact the Global Service Center and see if they have an option for this?

Return to “Online Donations”