Senior mission couples fast offering donation

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
kirtnaylor

Senior mission couples fast offering donation

Post by kirtnaylor »

We are serving a mission as a senior couple in Norway. We are to pay FO in the ward we are serving in, but everything else goes to our home ward. Is there any way we can do that electronically?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Senior mission couples fast offering donation

Post by lajackson »

kirtnaylor wrote:Is there any way we can do that electronically?
Unfortunately, no. Your membership records are probably in your home ward, and because of that you are able to pay electronically there. You could even contribute Fast Offering there, but if you have been asked to contribute in the ward where you are serving, you will need to use the ever faithful envelope to the bishop system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kirtnaylor wrote:We are to pay FO in the ward we are serving in,
That strikes me as a bit odd. All donations to fast offering are not kept in the ward, but automatically swept to the area office.

Donating to the local ward doesn't increase the amount of Fast Offering funds available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:
kirtnaylor wrote:We are to pay FO in the ward we are serving in,
That strikes me as a bit odd. All donations to fast offering are not kept in the ward, but automatically swept to the area office.
kirtnaylor is correct. What he is saying is consistent with the instructions in Handbook 1 4.9.10 and the Missionary Handbook.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kirtnaylor wrote:Is there any way we can do that electronically?
Is it your tithing, or your fast offering, or both, that you're hoping to pay electronically?

If your records are still in your home ward (normally they are, for missionaries), and your home ward is in the U.S., and you're using a U.S. bank account, then you should be able to pay tithing to your home ward using the LDS.org Donations tool (LDS.org/donations, or LDS.org > My Account and Ward > Donations). You won't be able to pay fast offerings online to your service ward – only with a physical envelope.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

scgallafent wrote:What he is saying is consistent with the instructions in Handbook 1 4.9.10 and the Missionary Handbook.
Thanks! I learned something today! I always wondered why they paid us locally. After each transfer, I have to remind them to write their MRNs on the donation slip.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Thanks! I learned something today!
Ditto. In "my day" it was always little envelopes and I just assumed it was because it was easier to donate locally.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kirtnaylor

Post by kirtnaylor »

Thank you all for your help! We’ll do it the “old-fashion” way—envelope and cash.

Return to “Online Donations”