Donations history

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
paolacalderon

Donations history

Post by paolacalderon »

Hi, I'm posting from Ecuador. The tab for history of donations is only showing results since 2015. I need to check my donations for previews years, however screen shows no information at all after I make the period selection for years 2014 and back from then. Is this under repair? I know the system should provide with all the history, how come is this not the case?
eblood66

Re: Donations history

Post by eblood66 »

For donations to show up online they have to be tied to your membership number. Before about 2015 there was no way to do that in MLS. However, when that ability was added the unit could add the MRN to the donor record and it would retroactively apply to all donations tied to that record.

Most likely your earlier donations were never tied to your MRN. You may be able to get some of those to show up by contacting the unit where you made those donations and asking them to add your MRN to your donor record in their copy of MLS. If they do that then the donations should show up (although there may be a delay--I'm not sure how long).
m3styd1y

Donations history: Save slip to file

Post by m3styd1y »

I would like to be able to save my donation slips to a file not just print them. This should not be too complicated! I have information on my donation slip notes that I would like to have preserved as I keep all my financial information. Just allow me to copy/paste the slip. Don't see a way to do this???
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have a little program on my computer called CutePDF. It is free and there are others just like it. It shows up as a printer. When I go to "print" something, if I select CutePDF instead of my actual printer, it generates a PDF file, which I then save to my computer, just as you wish to do. And it works great for printing the donation slip.

I use it whenever I am at a web site that will not generate a PDF file for me and I do not actually want to print the page to paper.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I have a little program on my computer called CutePDF.
There are several "print to PDF" programs. I believe all Windows 10 systems have "Microsoft Print to PDF". I find it works quite well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyledouglasfisher

Post by kyledouglasfisher »

My father in law passed away and my mother in law needs to get a copy of his donation records for the years for taxes. He put his and hers under his name. The bishop said that his records were sent to SL. How do we go about getting her a copy?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kyledouglasfisher wrote:The bishop said that his records were sent to SL.
While the ward no longer has the membership record, the ward should still have access to the donations made in that ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
kyledouglasfisher wrote:The bishop said that his records were sent to SL.
While the ward no longer has the membership record, the ward should still have access to the donations made in that ward.
While that is true, I'm not sure that the ward can generate a tax statement for a member who is no longer in the ward. With MLS that was possible but I'm not sure it is with LCR. I know that you can't generate statements for members who have moved out even though you can still see their donations. But I don't know for certain about when a member dies.

The ward can try to generate a statement in Tithing Settlement portion of LCR. The members name is listed then they can probably generate the statement. But otherwise they will probably need to contact local unit support and ask them to generate the statement and send it to the ward or the member.

Return to “Online Donations”