Canada online donation asking for US cheque information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dwholsen

Canada online donation asking for US cheque information

Post by dwholsen »

Hello,

Online donations just became available in Canada. I am familiar with the process, having lived in the US for a while and using the service. When I go to put my banking information into the system, the only slots available are "routing number" and "account number." In Canada, our cheques have a "transit number" and an "institution number," in addition to the account number. I can't put in my banking information because the system is asking for my routing number instead of my transit and institution numbers. The church's online donation help page implies that I should be seeing fields for the transit and institution numbers, but I am not. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Canada online donation asking for US cheque information

Post by sbradshaw »

Since you lived in the U.S. for a while, I'll bet the system is still showing you the U.S. version of the page. You may need to work with your clerk, who can call the Global Service Center on your behalf.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Canada online donation asking for US cheque information

Post by russellhltn »

People who had been in the US and still had a US bank (such as US military serving abroad) were allowed to stay in the US donation system even when their records were no longer in the US. So, it's possible the system is treating you as a ex-pat rather than a Canadian.

If your membership record is still in the US, then that explains everything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”