Returned fee for bounced donation.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
wmlinton@07

Returned fee for bounced donation.

Post by wmlinton@07 »

I made a mistake and didn't include another bill in my calculation of what my balance was in one of my bank accounts. As a result, the donation amount I made was in excess of the available funds in my account. I was charged a returned EFT fee.

I fixed the problem of the balance and submitted another donation to replace the donation that bounce. My question and concern is whether the church retries donations that have previously bounced, or do they drop them? If they retry them, then I am really in trouble. If they drop them, then I should be okay. However, if they drop them, then the list of donations I have made would be overstated from what I actually made. Can anyone enlighten me on what happens in this situation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Returned fee for bounced donation.

Post by russellhltn »

In this case where the transaction did go though, but was refused, I believe what happens is the donation is canceled. If the transaction didn't go though for technical reasons, they may re-try.

I'd expect your statements as shown on-line to be updated, but there might be a time lag of a few days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”