Donation link won't load

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
gsorenson

Re: Donation link won't load

Post by gsorenson »

My donation link wouldn't load. It would just keep saying loading but the tithing slip wouldn't come up. Everything else seemed to be working on lds.org. I tried restarting my phone, checking for updates on phone and internet app. Nothing.

Then I CLEARED MY CACHE on my INTERNET APP.
That worked! :) Go to the settings on your for your browser. Look for storage, and click "clear cache". Or google how to clear cache for your specific browser. I hope that works for you too. Happy tithe paying!
emmamary

Post by emmamary »

trying to access donation page but it won't load. the load symbol stays on the page. i have tried different internet browsers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Did you try the solution in the post before yours?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
msawin

Post by msawin »

I've been having the same issue, I go to the donations link and I get an error 404, for about a month now. I can get reimbursed through online, I have been paying online start.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

msawin wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:15 am I've been having the same issue, I go to the donations link and I get an error 404, for about a month now. I can get reimbursed through online, I have been paying online start.
A common issue with the ChurchofJesusChrist.org website is a build up of cookies that cause anomalous behaviors. The 404 error when using URL links is highly likely due to the cookie build up. Try the 'New Incognito window' for the Chrome browser, 'New private window' for some some other browsers, to access the Donations web page. If that works then deleting the browser cookies for the ChurchofJesusChrist.org website will restore normal operations for future browsing sessions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I recently had to bite the bullet and clear the entire cache for my Chrome browser (took forever, I must have had a ton of cookies!). Repeated attempts to clear the site data for churchofjesuschrist.org was unsuccessful for me, and I always had to access LCRF via a private browsing session. It was probably user-error, but somehow I wasn't able to clear the data causing LCRF to be inaccessible, until I did a full clean cycle. It's been working well since, knock on wood 8-)

Just another data point, in case there's others who find similar behavior where clearing site cache doesn't seem to resolve the problem, a full wipe of browsing data may be needed.

Return to “Online Donations”