Automatic Payments

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Nicolecloward

Automatic Payments

Postby Nicolecloward » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 am

I have a fixed income. My tithing stays the same each month. Can I set up automatic payments online? I'd rather do this than what I've been doing. I have my bank send checks automatically to my Bishop each month. It would be nice to eliminate this and set up an auto payment.

Is this already a feature? If not can you add it?

Nicole
[Phone number removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed phone number

davesudweeks

Re: Automatic Payments

Postby davesudweeks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 am

I don't know about setting it to automatic payments, but you can "reuse" a prior online donation. So if you donate the same amount each month, you can select the last online donation and it will be all filled out with the same information for the current date. Then you just hit "submit."

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 am

Scheduled/automatic payments are not supported for the online system. You can make that request by using the feedback link at the bottom of the donations page but I'm sure they have had that request multiple times before. Generally the church doesn't indicate before hand what changes, if any, they plan on making to online systems.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am

As far as I know, there's currently no way to set up automatic payments. I know it's been requested before, but I have no idea to what extent it's being considered.

Considering that donations are non-refundable, automatic payments could cause a serious problem if the income should suddenly change for any reason. Especially if that change is associated with events the prevent timely changes to the payments.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Online Donations”