Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Jamesriches

Tithing and Donation Problems

Postby Jamesriches » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:16 pm

My wife and I are heading to China in a couple weeks. The branch there took our records and put them into their directory without asking.

I was going to pay tithing and donations this last time before we left but it wouldn't let me because my membership is over in China.

My father in law just so happens to be our bishop so I talk to him about it and he goes on his phone and requests my wife's membership and mine back to our ward.

I checked an hour later and our records were there. I tried to donate again but it seems that the website still does not allow me to donate. I know I can just go to church and pay the old way but I would like to know why it has been disabled.

Thank you!

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Jamesriches wrote:I checked an hour later and our records were there. I tried to donate again but it seems that the website still does not allow me to donate.

There might be a time lag. I know when someone gets called to a new leadership calling, there can be a delay of up to 24 hours before they gain rights to the on-line resources their calling provides.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Jamesriches

Postby Jamesriches » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:29 am

I will try it when I have reached the 24 hour mark. I can wait a couple days. Thank you! I hope that works.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:50 am

Jamesriches wrote:I will try it when I have reached the 24 hour mark.

I think overnight is the key meeting time for computers, since they do not have to keep missionary hours. If you were trying yesterday, it might already work today.

And if you are temporarily out of the country and will keep your U.S. bank account, you might wish to contact the Donations Department after your records are moved back in-country to see if they can flag your account so that you may continue to donate online.

grammapat

Postby grammapat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am

I've been paying my tithing online for sometime. I have my user name and password written in a book but this morning I can't get in. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm

grammapat wrote:I've been paying my tithing online for sometime. I have my user name and password written in a book but this morning I can't get in. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

The problem may be a temporary problem with the server. Since you posted yesterday you may be able to get logged in today. If not, please let us know what error message you get or any other specific details of how you are trying to get logged in.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”