Donation emails sent to incorrect ward member

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
smellyoldman

Donation emails sent to incorrect ward member

Postby smellyoldman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:48 am

A member in my ward called me (the ward clerk) about an issue where their donation confirmation emails are being sent to the email address of another member in our ward. The two ward members have no relation to each other and would have no way of accidentally inputting the other member's email by mistake. I advised the member to try resetting the email address in their lds.org profile but I really have no idea how to deal with this issue. It's a significant concern because sensitive donation information is being sent to the wrong individual. Does anyone know who I would contact about this issue?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation emails sent to incorrect ward member

Postby russellhltn » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:20 pm

The first thing I'd do is sit down with the member who made the donation and make sure they have the correct MRN on their LDS Account. Many have used the MRN found on their temple recommend - but that could be wrong. And I think more often than not, it's just copied from the old recommend.

If it is wrong, at worst it may cause some minor issue for the stake clerk in activating it. But there's no mechanism (and little motivation) for correcting it. There has been cases reported of husband and wife getting MRNs swapped due to being interviewed together.

Aside from the person making the donation having the wrong email on their account, (which may be possible if a clerk updated the wrong person), a wrong MRN seems like most likely explanation. So, I'd suggest doing some homework before contacting CHQ.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Online Donations”