Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
nelsonjonathanscott

Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Postby nelsonjonathanscott » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi All,

A month ago a family moved into the ward and the son already had his mission call. His father emailed me last week that he is unable to donate to his sons mission fund because his name doesn't show up on the digital tithing slip. I looked on the forums and saw that the mission department is the only ones that can add a missionary to the ward mission donation area. I know that there process works because we had another young man get his mission call a week and a half ago and he is already in the missionary donation section. How do I go about getting the other missionary added so his father can donate to his mission fund.

Thanks for your help,

Jon

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary not showing up on online donation slip

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:23 pm

The problem may be deeper than that - the responsibility for the missionary does not automatically transfer when the parents move. You need to contact local unit support on Monday and work to arrange to have the responsibility transferred to your ward.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:23 pm

nelsonjonathanscott wrote:A month ago a family moved into the ward and the son already had his mission call. His father emailed me last week that he is unable to donate to his sons mission fund because his name doesn't show up on the digital tithing slip.

As russellhltn said, responsibility for the missionary fund does not transfer with the membership record. The previous ward (probably) still has responsibility for this missionary.

Local Unit Support will connect you to someone who will effect the transfer. When you make the call, you will need to specify the month for which the bishop of the new ward is accepting responsibility for the missionary funding.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 pm

In the meantime, they can contribute to the mission fund by choosing "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and entering the unit number of their previous ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mfmohlma

Postby mfmohlma » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:03 pm

sbradshaw wrote:In the meantime, they can contribute to the mission fund by choosing "Missionary in Other Ward or Branch" and entering the unit number of their previous ward.

...but doing this will affect the "transfer date" you need to request from the missionary department so make sure you know what's going on.

Return to “Online Donations”