Donation Option No Longer There

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Biggles

Re: Donation Option No Longer There

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
mcclellm wrote:I just moved from the US to the UK.
Almost everything there is done electronically, including the handling of donations to the Church, albeit with UK checking accounts.
Not quite true. We are not able to make direct donations, from our bank accounts, in the same way as the US system. Our online payments system is a little more complicated and would require a discussion with your Ward Clerk/Finance Clerk, to find the best solution for you. We can however view our donations (Implemented on the 1st October 2016) online.

We are all hoping that the US style of donation system, comes to the UK soon, very soon!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:Our online payments system is a little more complicated and would require a discussion with your Ward Clerk/Finance Clerk, to find the best solution for you. We can however view our donations (Implemented on the 1st October 2016) online.

We are all hoping that the US style of donation system, comes to the UK soon, very soon!
Ah, how interesting. When Elder Malm (who recently passed away) moved to Church headquarters from Sweden, he had to open a checking account to pay his tithing because the bishop could not give him an account number into which to transfer the funds. He said they had not been using checks in Sweden for over a decade.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Ah, how interesting. When Elder Malm (who recently passed away) moved to Church headquarters from Sweden, he had to open a checking account to pay his tithing because the bishop could not give him an account number into which to transfer the funds. He said they had not been using checks in Sweden for over a decade.
I was financial secretary on my mission in Finland almost 30 years ago and hardly anybody used checks even that long ago. But that doesn't mean things were online. Rather everything was done as a bank transfer. You'd take a transfer slip to your bank which contained the amount and the account of the other party and the bank made the transfer. The recipient received a copy of the transfer slip with their bank statement. I'm pretty sure that Sweden worked the same way back then too.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:Rather everything was done as a bank transfer. You'd take a transfer slip to your bank . . .
Well, that's better than the Philippines where you walked into the bank, they pulled your ledger and the recipient's ledger (two large green books) off of the dusty shelf, and wrote the debit in your book and then the credit in the other book. No paper trail at all. The recipient went down to the bank every so often to check their own balance.
pml25

Post by pml25 »

Hi!
I am in the Military and stationed overseas in Korea (at a Korean Branch). We'd like to still pay out donations online but the option is no longer available. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pml25 wrote:I am in the Military and stationed overseas in Korea (at a Korean Branch). We'd like to still pay out donations online but the option is no longer available.
As mentioned earlier in this topic, if you contact donations@ldschurch.org and explain your situation, it is likely they will be able to set your account so that you may continue to donate online, as long as you are using a U.S. bank checking or savings account.
chescujuri

Post by chescujuri »

My records are in a China expat branch, and just now I tried to go online to make a donation, and the option is not there. And I am back in the US right now for a visit, so I am using the internet from Idaho!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chescujuri wrote:My records are in a China expat branch, and just now I tried to go online to make a donation, and the option is not there. And I am back in the US right now for a visit, so I am using the internet from Idaho!
The donation option is based on where your records are, not where you are currently using the internet from.

If you still have a US bank account to donate from, you can use the email listed in the prior post to get the donation option turned back on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kteam42

Post by kteam42 »

I just moved to China and am having the same issue. I still keep a US bank, but can no longer donate online. How can I fix this?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

kteam42 wrote:I just moved to China and am having the same issue. I still keep a US bank, but can no longer donate online. How can I fix this?
I imagine you will need to contact donations@ldschurch.org as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

Return to “Online Donations”