Was online donation submitted correctly?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
drusteadman

Was online donation submitted correctly?

Postby drusteadman » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:59 am

I just paid my first tithing check on line. Is there a way to know if it was submitted correctly?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Was online donation submitted correctly?

Postby aebrown » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 am

drusteadman wrote:I just paid my first tithing check on line. Is there a way to know if it was submitted correctly?

When I submit an online donation, I receive two emails:
  • Shortly after I submit the donation, I get an email titled "Donation Submitted" that says something like "Thank you for submitting your donation entered on <date> for <amount>. Your donation may take 2-3 business days to process completely." The Donation History section will show the donation as "Processing".
  • Then a couple of days later I receive an email titled "Donation Recorded" that says something like "Your donation for <amount> has been recorded to your donation records. We have sent the request to withdraw <amount> from the following bank account: <account>. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. Thank you." The Donation History section will show the donation as "Completed" (I think this is true, but I'm going from memory here -- perhaps it doesn't change to "Completed" until the bank draw has been confirmed).
I suppose that something could still go wrong (insufficient funds, bank account closed, wrong account number, etc.) but I have never experienced that. Within a couple more days, I can see the donation in my bank records.

Return to “Online Donations”