Can't donate online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
mevans

Re: Can't donate online

Post by mevans »

@daveechurchy: Just confirming - has your unit been enabled for online donations? The rollout was supposed to go through the end of the year. I don't know if it's done yet.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mevans wrote:@daveechurchy: Just confirming - has your unit been enabled for online donations? The rollout was supposed to go through the end of the year. I don't know if it's done yet.
Yes, all units in the US are enabled now.
kevintdoyle

Post by kevintdoyle »

I had the same issue ... I was using Firefox ... I switch browsers (to Internet Explorer ... gross, I know) ... and it worked. So possible solution: try another browser if you are linked to the correct email and ward.
mama.artsy

Post by mama.artsy »

It doesn't work for me either. I have a valid email set as well. Our ward is set up for online donations, and my husband does his that way. Please advise.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mama.artsy wrote:It doesn't work for me either. I have a valid email set as well. Our ward is set up for online donations, and my husband does his that way. Please advise.
Are you able to sign into LDS.org and click on the Donations link? If so, how far into the process can you go and what is the error message you receive?
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

The solution is to delete your cache AND your cookies. This seems to solve the problem for the vast majority of people who are experiencing this issue. Alternatively, you could just use a different computer/device and that seems to work as well. We are looking into the issue, but have not yet been able to identify the common thread between the small number of people who are having the issue.
keleym

Post by keleym »

I am having the same exact same problem, my husband is able to log in and make donations but i cannot.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

keleym wrote:I am having the same exact same problem, my husband is able to log in and make donations but i cannot.
You might wish to try the following things that solve the problem in most cases:

Make sure your email address is loaded at your LDS Account page.
Make sure your membership record number is associated with your LDS account.
Delete your cache and cookies.
Try another computer.

Please let us know if one of these steps solves the problem.

And if none of them do, I would suggest you contact your ward clerk, who will be able to get assistance from the Global Service Center if needed.
hollymonkey88

Post by hollymonkey88 »

I am unable to donate online. I verified that I do have an email on file. I tried opening it in a different browser, but that didn't work. I verified that I am in the right ward. I verified that my Member number is correct. The message I am getting says that "online donations are not available in my area. They are only available in the United States"....... Im in Virginia. Please help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is the email address associated with your LDS Account also associated with any other LDS Accounts? The donations tool requires each user to have a unique email address (this might not be the problem, but it's worth checking).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Online Donations”