Online Ward Missionary contributions to specific Missionarie

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
davesudweeks

Re: Online Ward Missionary contributions to specific Missionarie

Post by davesudweeks »

juliejohnson wrote:I would like to monthly donate to my Nephews mission fund. I don't know how to do this. His mother is single and just moved to Ogden her address is [personal information removed - this is a public forum] I don't know how to do this can you help me?
With your nephew's home address, you can look up their ward using the Meetinghouse Locator tool. The Bishop's contact information will also be listed. You should be able to use their ward information to make online donations to your nephew's missionary fund as long as you are in the US and are using a US bank.
mkynaston

Post by mkynaston »

What are your options if you are not currently living in the US but you do have a US bank account that would be used to make a donation? In my lds.org account, I do not see any buttons for functions to create a new donation entry.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkynaston wrote:What are your options if you are not currently living in the US but you do have a US bank account that would be used to make a donation? In my lds.org account, I do not see any buttons for functions to create a new donation entry.
Since you've tacked your question onto the end of a thread on supporting missionaries, what kind of donations are you wanting to make? If it's tithing and fast offering, then email donations@ldschurch.org and explain the situation. But that's not going to help if you want to donate to a missionary in your current country.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkynaston

Post by mkynaston »

russellhltn wrote:
mkynaston wrote:What are your options if you are not currently living in the US but you do have a US bank account that would be used to make a donation? In my lds.org account, I do not see any buttons for functions to create a new donation entry.
Since you've tacked your question onto the end of a thread on supporting missionaries, what kind of donations are you wanting to make? If it's tithing and fast offering, then email donations@ldschurch.org and explain the situation. But that's not going to help if you want to donate to a missionary in your current country.
I have 2 nieces currently serving missions in U.S. based missions that I want to send donations to each month. I temporarily live overseas, but we still have a U.S. bank account. I can email the donations address you gave me if that's the best way to help get this set up. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkynaston wrote:I have 2 nieces currently serving missions in U.S. based missions that I want to send donations to each month. I temporarily live overseas, but we still have a U.S. bank account. I can email the donations address you gave me if that's the best way to help get this set up.
What ward is going to be financially responsible? If it's not located in the US, then it won't work.

Note that it doesn't matter where the missionaries serve, it's what ward is financially responsible. So far, the on-line donations doesn't cross country borders (or at least currency). And not all countries are set up with on-line donations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkynaston

Post by mkynaston »

russellhltn wrote:
mkynaston wrote:I have 2 nieces currently serving missions in U.S. based missions that I want to send donations to each month. I temporarily live overseas, but we still have a U.S. bank account. I can email the donations address you gave me if that's the best way to help get this set up.
What ward is going to be financially responsible? If it's not located in the US, then it won't work.

Note that it doesn't matter where the missionaries serve, it's what ward is financially responsible. So far, the on-line donations doesn't cross country borders (or at least currency). And not all countries are set up with on-line donations.
One niece's home ward is in Idaho, the other is in Utah (my home bank is in Idaho). I just want to set up a donation through their home wards but in my view of the "Donations" page, I don't have any buttons to add a new online donation transaction or bank account as I see in the instructions for making On-line donations from the lds.org "help" sections. I don't know if it's because my current "home" branch is not in the US. Can I contact someone to setup the transactions for me, or can I/should I just do bill pay from my US bank account sent to their home wards? I would love to set this up myself, but I don't have any functionality on the "Donations" page other than seeing my own online tithing and fast offering reports.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkynaston wrote:One niece's home ward is in Idaho, the other is in Utah (my home bank is in Idaho). I just want to set up a donation through their home wards but in my view of the "Donations" page, I don't have any buttons to add a new online donation transaction or bank account as I see in the instructions for making On-line donations from the lds.org "help" sections. I don't know if it's because my current "home" branch is not in the US.
Send an email to "donations" listed above, and they can enable US donations on your donations page.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Send an email to "donations" listed above, and they can enable US donations on your donations page.
Once that is set up, you should be able to select each of the missionaries for donation. You will need to know their unit numbers. Your ward clerk can help you obtain them.
jeremywmeredith

Post by jeremywmeredith »

so...if the family member you are trying to help on the mission has a father who is in the bishopric, there's no way for the donation to be anonymous? Because the counselor can see who has donated.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jeremywmeredith wrote:so...if the family member you are trying to help on the mission has a father who is in the bishopric, there's no way for the donation to be anonymous? Because the counselor can see who has donated.
If you are paying online, the counselor won't likely see the donation. He probably could if he was looking at the mission account for his child, though. We had a situation (before the online donations were available) where a family member wanted to be anonymous to the bishopric member father of the missionary. They pre-arranged with the bishop to mail the check to him (it came without a slip that we had to fill out each month) and he would make sure it was only processed when that counselor was not assisting with the donation deposit. The family member truly wanted to be anonymous so we entered as an anonymous donation and they understood there would be no charitable donation tax record for them on these donations.

Return to “Online Donations”