Member access to online donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
joeydef

Re: Member access to online donations

Post by joeydef »

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I don't think a cookie is the issue, because I had her log in on a different computer to show me what was happening and she got the same result.

Also, she is not new to the ward. I can see her in the directory on lds.org and in the LDS Tools app. I will try to have her check her record number on her account to make sure there's not a mismatch... I'm not sure how that could happen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joeydef wrote:I'm not sure how that could happen.
  • Duplicate membership record
  • She had the wrong MRN on her temple recommend (perhaps transposed with another member) and it was used to create her lds account
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
joeydef wrote:I'm not sure how that could happen.
  • Duplicate membership record
  • She had the wrong MRN on her temple recommend (perhaps transposed with another member) and it was used to create her lds account
Or she could have mistyped it when she was creating the account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Or she could have mistyped it when she was creating the account.
This is actually hard to do. There is a check digit in the MRN. The most common error I see is that the spouse's MRN is on a recommend, rather than the member's, and the number is copied off of the recommend to create the LDS Account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Or she could have mistyped it when she was creating the account.
Not impossible, but not likely. The MRN contains a check digit specifically for the purpose of catching common typos (such as transpositions). That old green-screen data-entry technology still serves us well today.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brent.j.young

Post by brent.j.young »

We just had a similar problem, (everything says member is in ward but she didn't have access to online donations). However, after clearing cookies everything worked out just fine. For others this may work out just fine.
wkauisf@yahoo.com

Post by wkauisf@yahoo.com »

I HAVE READ EVERYTHING FROM COOKIES AND CACHED DATA BUT STILL NO INFO ON "ONLINE DONATIONS." I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEONE WOULD SHARE THEIR WISDOM ON JUST HOW TO GET THIS EVENT PROCESSED! AND STARTED...............COMPLETED AND USABLE.......THANX
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wkauisf@yahoo.com wrote:I HAVE READ EVERYTHING . . .
I am not sure I understand your question. Are you not able to access Online Donations, or are you just wanting to know where to find it?

If the former, and you have tried the suggestions in this topic, you may wish to speak with your ward clerk for assistance. If the latter, the menu item is in the middle of the center column of the Sign In drop down at the LDS.org home page.
wkauisf@yahoo.com

Post by wkauisf@yahoo.com »

I will try again thank you......................

Return to “Online Donations”