Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
zaneclark

Re: Online Donations

Post by zaneclark »

Our Stake in Las Vegas received a letter dated Aug 27 adding us....
theresesteadman

Post by theresesteadman »

Our stake was notified last week (8/20/15) that we are now in the program. However, when I go to online donations I don't see where I gain access. I'm logged in to my lds account. Am I not in the right place?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

theresesteadman wrote:I don't see where I gain access.
Signed in at LDS.org you would click on your name at the top right. In the middle column of the drop down box under "My Ward", there should be a link for "Donations". Click there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe everyone has access to the link. But people not on the system will end up being told they can't do that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Are you not finding the Donations link, or are you clicking on the link and receiving a pop up that says your unit is not yet able to use the system?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Ours was turned on Aug 27th as well (North Carolina).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:I just discovered donations have been turned on in our stake. The date I see in OCL is today's date: 19 Aug 2015. So it appears to be a new letter for each area.
Looking again, the letter is now dated 27 Aug. Interesting.

The letter does not instruct the leaders to make any announcement. And so far, I don't think any have been made in my area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:The letter does not instruct the leaders to make any announcement. And so far, I don't think any have been made in my area.
You are right. It is a Notice, and there is no request for an announcement. (Although word travels quite quickly around here.)
glw1861

Post by glw1861 »

Per the email I received from the Church, we are supposed to now have this option. It doesn't work. I have entered my user name and password at least a dozen times today, and I continually get an error message that I need to enter my email. (duh, I received the email telling me about my responsibility to teach my ward members how to use it.) I even changed my email to see if that would help. It didn't. Unfortunately I can't see where to send a note to the appropriate department. It is frustrating.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

glw1861 wrote:Per the email I received from the Church, we are supposed to now have this option. It doesn't work. I have entered my user name and password at least a dozen times today, and I continually get an error message that I need to enter my email. (duh, I received the email telling me about my responsibility to teach my ward members how to use it.) I even changed my email to see if that would help. It didn't. Unfortunately I can't see where to send a note to the appropriate department. It is frustrating.
Do you have an email address set on your LDS Account? This is currently separate from the email address on your membership record. See https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contactInformation to check.

Return to “Online Donations”