Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
BludornDJ

Re: Online Donations

Post by BludornDJ »

Is it just me, or does this seem like a pretty slow roll out process? Still no news of this being available in Ohio.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

From what I understand, it is intentionally "slow". In the developers/CHQ defense, they did say that it would take until the end of the year for all US units to have access.

I'm actually reminded of when they rolled out the barcoded temple recommends. They came out shortly after I went through the temple for the first time. However, the rest my mission in Texas didn't get them for at least six months after that.

As my mission president used to say "patience is a virtue." I would rather them roll it out slow and right versus fast and buggy/bogged down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:
russellhltn wrote:The one bright spot - if the letter is dated July 21, then either it's a new letter for each batch, or they're really accelerating the roll-out.
Maybe someone that has had access for a while can check and see what they see in OCL.
I just discovered donations have been turned on in our stake. The date I see in OCL is today's date: 19 Aug 2015. So it appears to be a new letter for each area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jlazyh

Post by jlazyh »

Will my local ward unit (clerk,bishop) be able to view the amount of tithing I pay online?
jlazyh

Post by jlazyh »

Visited Carlsbad CA today and their stake had it. Will my local unit be able to view the amount of tithing I pay online.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jlazyh wrote:Will my local ward unit (clerk,bishop) be able to view the amount of tithing I pay online?
Yes. The visibility is exactly as if you had handed a donation envelope to your bishop.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I just discovered donations have been turned on in our stake. The date I see in OCL is today's date: 19 Aug 2015. So it appears to be a new letter for each area.
Online Donations were turned on late Wednesday afternoon for our stake and many other stakes in our area. The Notice at the Official Communication Library is dated Thursday, August 27. Emails went out earlier this afternoon (Thursday) to Bishops, Branch Presidents, and Clerks (and I suspect they also went to Stake Presidents and Clerks).

It appears, then, that a new group of stakes is being added each week on Wednesday or Thursday. Based on posts here, and my limited knowledge of some Forum member locations, it seems the rollout went West from Church headquarters, and is now moving toward the East.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lajackson wrote:Based on posts here, and my limited knowledge of some Forum member locations, it seems the rollout went West from Church headquarters, and is now moving toward the East.
Still not here.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:It appears, then, that a new group of stakes is being added each week on Wednesday or Thursday. Based on posts here, and my limited knowledge of some Forum member locations, it seems the rollout went West from Church headquarters, and is now moving toward the East.
It looks like we just got turned on this week too.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mfmohlma wrote:
lajackson wrote:Based on posts here, and my limited knowledge of some Forum member locations, it seems the rollout went West from Church headquarters, and is now moving toward the East.
Still not here.
Wow. Then it appears I should revise my intelligence estimate [smile]. More likely, with the post from eblood66, they have moved out across the southern U.S. and will work their way across the northern part next.

I still wonder if they might be trying to roll it out by the end of October or early November so that it is in place before all of the year-end financial excitement starts. Just my opinionated guess.

One thing that would suggest the pattern of south first is that it is more simple to do. The North America Southwest and Southeast areas are entirely in the US. So they can just turn on the entire area. The North America Northeast, Central, and Northwest Areas include Canada, so they (will) have to turn those areas on stake by stake, rather than by area.

I have no insider knowledge. I have just been watching the pattern as it unfolds.

Return to “Online Donations”