Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Online Donations

Post by lajackson »

I was wondering if anyone has heard how the rollout of Online Donations is going. Perhaps well, because there have been no comments?

We are almost three months into the rollout. I continue to get questions about it, especially since the link is available at LDS.org. I tell folks that all we know is what the dropdown says, that it is coming this year. But since it is not yet available in our area, they always ask for the Bank Bill Pay instructions.

I think some of them would wait if they knew it was coming in the next month or so, but not if they might have to wait until the end of the year. My answer to them is the same as always. It will happen when it happens.

So I guess in my ramblings I have just answered my own question.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Online Donations

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I was wondering if anyone has heard how the rollout of Online Donations is going. Perhaps well, because there have been no comments?
I haven't heard one way or another. I thought it was going to be any week now, but each weekend I go to donations and see "The Online Donations option is not yet available to members in your local unit." I guess scgallafent was right, they're making sure it's really stable before it gets to my stake. :p It's certainly been a lot slower than the CDOL roll-out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

My sister had access to the online donations in her ward while living in the dorms at BYU. I'm not sure if her current ward has it.

Stakes in Logan have started to receive access. My friend's father who is in a bishopric said that the ward members received an email about two weeks prior to the roll out. There was also an email sent to the bishop to be read over the pulpit. They went live at the end of June/beginning of July. Almost immediately there was huge drop in the number of donations turned in on Sunday. They are sending out a survey asking families if they want the Aaronic Priesthood to come on Fast Sunday to collect Fast Offerings.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Our stake in Layton received access a couple of weeks ago, but I have yet to test it myself. (Soon...)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

I didn't have access to it yesterday, but I just checked and today I do! Looking forward to trying it out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nmecantwin73 wrote:I didn't have access to it yesterday, but I just checked and today I do! Looking forward to trying it out.
Interesting. I just received access as well. I don't know if that means that a very broad rollout has just taken place, or if nmecantwin73's stake and my stake just happened to get access at the same time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:
nmecantwin73 wrote:I didn't have access to it yesterday, but I just checked and today I do! Looking forward to trying it out.
Interesting. I just received access as well. I don't know if that means that a very broad rollout has just taken place, or if nmecantwin73's stake and my stake just happened to get access at the same time.
I'm not in Utah and I still don't have access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There is a letter now in OCL for the United States announcing that this is now available.

I just checked an I have access now.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote: I'm not in Utah and I still don't have access.
Not yet in Oregon.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I live in Provo and don't seem to have access as of yet. I also don't see anything about it in the Official Communication Library. Who is the letter addressed to?
Last edited by sbradshaw on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Online Donations”