Watching webcast on Mac

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
jonnnylingo

Re: Watching webcast on Mac

Post by jonnnylingo »

I am able to get it (http://stream.lds.org/webcast) working on Mavericks on Mac using Safari and flip4mac. However, I cannot get our stake broadcast working properly. I can see video just fine but no audio. Same thing for my iPhone or iPad using VLC for iOS. Anyone know how to modify the broadcast from the stake broadcast box? I'm assuming that the codec it is using in that box is different from what would be on stream.lds.org/webcast and the reason why sound is not available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you able to verify that audio is being sent? VLC usually works, but I think others have reported problems with sending sound.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryanbyui

Post by ryanbyui »

I use the QPlayer app from the App Store. It works, but it takes 3-5 minutes to load the stream. It works over cellular or WiFi.
bcressall

Post by bcressall »

I just downloaded "VLC for iOS" on my iPad and it can receive our stake's weekly broadcast (a sacrament meeting for shut-ins). I can hear the audio and video.

If you can't hear the audio, you probably selected an incorrect option in the setup of the broadcast. I've done that before and learned the hard way.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bcressall wrote:our stake's weekly broadcast (a sacrament meeting for shut-ins).
Interesting. Is this staged in a room other than the chapel? And I assume they're not doing the sacrament itself, but just the talks?

The reason I ask is because it's against policy to broadcast from the chapel, except for stake conference. It's also against policy to broadcast the ordinance of the sacrament.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”