Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
robriding@cox.net
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Postby robriding@cox.net » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Does anyone know if the HDMI out on the Church's Receivers are HDCP compliant?
Wanting to upgrade our RF modulators to HD QAM systems .
Only works non encrypted or self generated content.

rolandc
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Postby rolandc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:46 pm

robriding@cox.net wrote:Does anyone know if the HDMI out on the Church's Receivers are HDCP compliant?
Wanting to upgrade our RF modulators to HD QAM systems .
Only works non encrypted or self generated content.


The main reason the church does not use the HDMI port is it will only work on a display device, if plugged into a device that will distribute the signal will fail.

From the manual

HDMI Out:
Displays current display mode of the
DVI/HDMI device after negotiation


If you need upgrades call your FM office.
Last edited by rolandc on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roland

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20762
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

rolandc wrote:HDMI Out:
Displays current display mode of the
DVI/HDMI device after negotiation

I read that as the receiver interrogates the device to see what display mode it wants and then adjusts itself accordingly.

Translation: it may work, it may not.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

rolandc
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Re: Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Postby rolandc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:12 pm

russellhltn wrote:
rolandc wrote:HDMI Out:
Displays current display mode of the
DVI/HDMI device after negotiation

I read that as the receiver interrogates the device to see what display mode it wants and then adjusts itself accordingly.

Translation: it may work, it may not.



Engineers at Sat support state its for display only and will fail on distribution detection.

And to answer part of the original question the 552 is HDCP compliant
Roland

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20762
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Church Satellite Receiver HDMI output

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:28 pm

rolandc wrote:Engineers at Sat support state its for display only and will fail on distribution detection.


Maybe. But the real issue is that I doubt if it's supported. So you might have a nice little system built up - that totally fails apart on the first temple dedication broadcast.

So I wouldn't do that unless the satellite guys back in SLC say it's OK to do that.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “Satellite”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest