Youth Video Questions

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
wsplawn

Youth Video Questions

Post by wsplawn »

I should probably wait until I have the exact Model number of the equipment I am about to ask about, but maybe the equipment we have is fairly standard for the church, so I'll venture to ask the question.

I am the ward technical clerk. I downloaded youth videos for April May and June and put them on a flash drive. Our ward (stake) just purchased some fancy flat screen Sony Monitors, that are hooked to a black box that allows for DVD's and USB drives. I tested my flash drive with the videos on Sony equipment and it worked for May, but not for June. When I tried to access the files for June on the flash drive and using the above equipment I got an error message stating that for the June folder an index could not be found (or something of that nature). If the answer to my problem is not obvious I will get exact model numbers and the exact syntax for the error message, but I'm just wondering if this is something that is obvious to someone else.

Why am I able to access .MP4 files for the May Youth Videos but not for June? When I try to access the files with the flash drive plugged into a regular computer there's no problem.

Anyone?
gregwanderson

Re: Youth Video Questions

Post by gregwanderson »

My first step would be to try watching these videos from a different flash drive. Flash drives can go bad or have "bad sectors" or other such problems. Your player might be more picky about a file problem than your computer is.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”