Proposal: Official Church Wiki

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

joshuao2 wrote:It's meaningless if it's not official.
Meaningless of what?
I cited it just as test opportunity. Why it will be not worth of it?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
joshuao2

Post by joshuao2 »

Unofficial testing ground...undesired correlation department involvement... I am proposing something bigger. Again, I am not aware of a better place to post a wiki idea, but I would fully expect church leadership to get involved if this were to be implemented right, and well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

joshuao2 wrote:...undesired correlation department involvement... I would fully expect church leadership to get involved ....
You won't get the latter without the former.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
joshuao2

Post by joshuao2 »

I don't think the correlation department's involvement is undesired - I was stating the view I'm hearing here so far. The correlation department might have to be changed to fit this; that is my point.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

My point of view is that wiki is mean for "community cooperation". Why then have a wiki site if it's an official one? Meaning that only corporate stuff can contribute?
On the other side, there will be need for approved and certified (doctrinal speaking) members to delegate moderator work!
This sound like a "calling"!
The model could be this:
1. GA decide wich doctrine, or issues in general, are approuved to be part of the wiki.
2. Only registered member can contribute to the content of it.
3. Calling, as priesthood leaders, moderators to manage the contribute.
4. Establish an audit Commitee to periodically verify as things going on.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
joshuao2

Post by joshuao2 »

I like to define a wiki only by its organization - hyperlinked webpages by topic. I agree that a process like that would be necessary. While it would be good to talk about the best process, perhaps we should try to figure out how to get someone higher up than forum members involved?

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”