Ward Clerk Meeting Minutes

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
crowder1

Ward Clerk Meeting Minutes

Post by crowder1 »

I haven't seen a tool for recording meeting minutes on the Wiki. It would help the ward clerk to have tool for this. Minutes of the meeting could be recorded, meeting attendees, assignments and decisions could be tracked. Important history items could be tracked also.

It would help if callings could also be tracked.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crowder1 wrote:I haven't seen a tool for recording meeting minutes on the Wiki. It would help the ward clerk to have tool for this. Minutes of the meeting could be recorded, meeting attendees, assignments and decisions could be tracked. Important history items could be tracked also.

It would help if callings could also be tracked.
I've found that simply using a word processor with a standard template works just fine for minutes. They can be stored, searched, and distributed using standard techniques.

I could see some value in a separate tool, but it would almost certainly be missing many of the word processing features that I use fairly often in minutes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "tool", but I'd be afraid that the development team would be asked to create a version for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, WebOS, Playbook, Windows 7, Windows 6, etc. etc.

A template is a little more universal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

I use Evernote to keep minutes for our Stake Presidency and High Councils. It makes it easy for me to access on my iPhone or on the Stake computer for printing those things that need to be in hard copy.
Ray Merritt
Jerome 2nd Ward
2nd Councilor
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

+1 on Evernote... i can get it on my laptop, tablet, and phone, + online... wherever I am... we may consider moving to Google Docs...

I currently distribute by printing Evernote to PDF files..

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”