Genius, Amazon.com, Auto-Suggest, Pandora...etc.

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
fletcher.carpenter

Genius, Amazon.com, Auto-Suggest, Pandora...etc.

Post by fletcher.carpenter »

I'm sure there are many people who have used Apple's 'genius' to recommend songs to them on iTunes. The program looks at your music that you have, what you have been purchasing, and what you have been browsing in iTunes and then suggests music for you.

Amazon.com has a similar program. I buy lots of books from them and they know what I brows and buy then e-mail me suggestions of what I might like. Obviously the only reason for them to do this is to make money, but the majority of the suggestions are good and I have bought many things that they have suggested. Pandora internet radio works much the same way....

Perhaps the church could use a similar application in the future with its website recommending talks and videos after a user searches or reads articles. :confused: I don't know, perhaps this is way too much work for very very little benefit.:eek:

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”